In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Buss Recording Studio is now offering Worldwide Distance Mixing services to the creative music community. It is important that we safeguard the health and well being of our clients and staff, and that we do not in any way jeopardize or endanger the country’s ongoing recovery efforts.
Buss Recording Studio
Distance Mixing – How does it work?
Here at Buss Recording Studio we use Pro Tools and Cubase Pro with analog equipment to mix your audio session. The Distance Mixing Process:
Define the number of multitracks and length of the song(s) to be mixed. Provide as much information as possible about the song(s).
Email Audio Files to;
Pay for job with Pay Pal. Click on Pay Pal Buy Now to your right
Mixed song(s) will be delivered to your email within the specified delivery date
Get In Touch - Lets talk about your project and your vision.
SETUP a Meeting
REQUIREMENTS FOR DISTANCE MIXING SERVICES:
I. We accept WAV or AIFF files at 44.1k, 48, 88.2k and 96k; 16-, 24- or 32 bit.
2. We require mono or stereo files, clearly named and preferably without audio clipping. Stereo files will be counted as two tracks of audio, for example "Piano L & R" will be counted as two tracks.
3. Please provide multitracks that are consolidated or bounced from the start point of your song (bar 1 beat 1 or start time code). All files must be the same sample rate and bit depth.
4. Sorry, but we cannot accept DAW sessions (i.e Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, etc.)
5. A track cannot share different sounds: for example,- an organ track with a guitar solo in the middle of it when the organ is not being used. If you need to bounce files to save on tracks, okay by us.
6. Please make sure you have uploaded all the correct multitrack files for your song. You will be prompted to confirm this before proceeding to checkout.
7. We request that multitrack files are supplied dry, without reverb or effects unless they were recorded that way, for example, - a guitar solo with delay. The exception being, however, if there is a specific creative element (like a telephone filter) that is an integral part of the sound of the track.
8. All MIDI/virtual instruments should be printed as audio files.
10. Please allow for plenty of headroom when printing multitracks to avoid clipping or distortion. These artifacts cannot be removed in the mix process.
NOTES AND REFERENCE RECORDINGS:
In addition to the files you are sending us, please provide as much written information as possible. It's a good idea to provide us with a rough mix and/or a link to a commercially released song for our reference. A commercial song is only a guide, and results are completely dependent on the quality and style of the multi-track files that you have provided.
In most cases, the turnaround time is within 4 - 7 days. However, there may be times when it could take a little longer. If this is the case, we will contact you to discuss a new deadline.
Two mix revision is included in the price. Please ensure you inform Buss Recording Studios within 48 hours of mix delivery if you require a revision. Any requests after 48 hours for further mix revisions will incur additional charges.
It is your responsibility to ensure the multitracks provided are ready for mixing. Please don't assume any tuning or timing issues will be automatically corrected by us. However, if a small amount of vocal tuning is desired, provide us with some direction, and we are glad to help with it. If our engineer determines that amount of tuning or editing will seriously increase the time it takes to finish your project, we will be in touch with you before we proceed. If you have the experience and capability, it is in your best interest to have tuned and edited your tracks before sending them to us. An Extra Fee will charged for these services.
WHEN THE PROJECT IS COMPLETE:
When completed, your project we will be emailed to you:
• A fully mix stereo track at 16-bit / 44.1k WAV.
FYI — Your original and mixed files will only be kept at Buss Recording Studios for six weeks after the date of delivery. Please make sure you back up your files.